Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Experience Paoay Sand Dunes

One on the list on our Lakbay Norte trip is to visit the famous Paoay Sand Dunes. The Sand Dunes of Paoay covers an area of approximately 85 sq km to both municipalities of Pasuquin and Currimao. When we reached the said area, it was still raining so we were not allowed to try the 4x4 adventure here in Paoay Sand Dunes. We waited for a few minutes, sun dance for a short time and boom it works! The rain subsides and we can continue with our plans. The best times to try this adventure are during the golden hours: before sunrise and sunset of the day. Why? Just visit Paoay Sand Dunes so you’ll know it. Hahahahaha! Seriously, I just don’t want to spoil your experience. For a minimum of four (4) persons, you can enjoy this one for Php 625.00 each. We rode this 4x4 vehicle and off we go!


You really need to hold on tight while riding the 4x4 truck coz you might fell down while doing this in particular when the truck is going uphill or downhill of sand dunes. I do not recommend it for those who have heart problems and weak knees. It was a little bit of dangerous but actually fun! After half an hour of sand dune bashing, we stop over in they called “Lvl 1 Sand boarding Area”. I’m confident to try this one though since it was just like a wakeboard. I tried the buttboarding first. You just need to sit on the board and enjoy the ride. Sounds easy right? Yeah! It’s easy and fun. It took me and my cousins a couple of rounds of buttboarding to convince our olds (my mom and my aunt) to try it. While seeing their faces, I’m sure they enjoyed it too. The best part of it is the sand boarding itself. In my first try, I kinda tilt my body, bend my knees and hold the end part of the board since I’m scared I might fall over the terrain. It was fast and honestly I enjoyed it too! I went back and forth just to try it again and again. Walking uphill was the tiresome part but it’s really worth it when you tried the sand boarding. I wish I can bring this home in Davao. Hahahahaha! Sand boarding, another memorable experience of my life! When visiting Ilocos, be sure to visit this place.


If I enjoy the place, I don't usually take pictures but thanks to our tour guide, driver and photographer Glenn Perdido Tolentino for taking some of these pictures while we were on the 4x4 truck and doing the sand boarding. If you need a tour guide in your Ilocos Trip, just contact him by clicking the link. He's the best!

1 comments:

"The best times to try this adventure are during the golden hours: before sunrise and sunset of the day. Why? Just visit Paoay Sand Dunes so you’ll know it." - I also know the answer/s but I will also not spoil the fun for them. ;)

Baktin Corporation

Post a Comment