Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Light Alchemist Davao Workshop

Let me share you a quick post today. Last Sunday, I attended Light Alchemist Workshop, a comprehensive Photoshop workshop for beginners and intermediate photographers facilitated by Reinier Tinapay and Luxelab Make Up Artistry. Around 8:00 am we traveled to Campo Agua, Sirawan Toril for our themed photoshoot. After minutes of briefing we were assigned to shoot for a water and fire theme. We were given 4 minutes each to conceptualize, direct and shoot with our own. I was really nervous to do my turn. Good thing, Sir Reinier and some of my fellow participants are fun to be with. They made me feel at home and we just shoot to learn and have fun. They also shared some tips and patiently answer all my questions. It was also my first time to shoot with external flashes. Hehehe. At least, I do now have an idea how to use those flashes. It was easier to shoot that time since we do have very talented models. I really appreciate their ability and lack of complaint particularly to Mae who jumps for more than a countless times. Bravo!

We went back to Lispher Inn around 12:30pm for our lunch and the post processing part. The part most of the participants were waiting for. We were asked to choose one photo for each theme to process. I can’t really describe how it goes but all I can say is WOW! I never really thought that it’s so easy to come up with that output. With the workflow shared to us by Sir Reinier, your limitation is just your imagination. The workshop is PRICELESS! :)

Here are some things I learned from Sir Reinier Tinapay:

1. Conceptualize. Sketch or draw your thoughts even if it’s just stick drawing as long as you understand it.
2. Think without the box. Do not think inside the box since you are still limiting yourself. No high end gears needed, you can even use point and shoot cameras to create a work of art because the real creativity is your imagination.
3. Look around for inspiration. You can create a masterpiece from simple things around you.
4. Get the shot right beforehand. Yes, Photoshop is an amazing tool to create a masterpiece but relying solely to it can take longer hours in post processing. Getting it right on camera means you spend less time on correction and more time on detailing.
5. Be an open-minded person and always be curious. With this mindset, you can learn anything.


Thanks to Sir Reinier Tinapay, LUXELAB Make Up Artistry and my fellow participants! I’m looking forward for the Part II of Light Alchemist. Until next time!

2 comments:

sayang wala ako nakasali workshop. ganda ng outputs

hello sir rudolph, oo nga kaya kinukulit pa namin si sir reinier na magworkshop ulit dito sa davao.. baka next time sir pagbalik niya. hehehe.

Post a Comment