Friday, May 27, 2011

Tinuy-an Falls

After the Enchanted River and our little island hopping experience, we went to our next and final destination of our Surigao Trip, the Tinuy-an Falls. It is consider as the main tourist attraction of the city and considered as Niagara Falls of the Philippines. From the Enchanted River of Hinatuan, you must travel 60 kms to Bislig City where Tinuy-an Falls is located. We traveled for 2.5 hours before reaching Tinuy-an.

For an entrance fee of Php 20.00, you can witness the breathtaking view of Tinuy-an Falls, approximately 180 ft high. It is the finest waterfalls I visited in my life because of its natural view and rock formation. You can climb up to the 2nd and 3rd level of the falls but you need to pay for another Php 20.00. No worries since they provided a steel stairs however kids should be careful when going up. I don’t recommend elderly to come up to. Hehehe.

I had fun with my experience in Tinuy-an Falls though I had a little time swimming, I’m still satisfied. About my shooting that time, I really had a hard time.

1. The mist of the falls keeps falling on my camera.

2. The floor is too slippery and I’m afraid the camera may slip out my hands.

3. The source of light which is the sun is behind the falls and my subject (my friends) which makes it more challenging.

4. I want to use slow shutter to capture the motion of the water but it will blur my subjects (my friends) when they are in motion. Need to sacrifice one. I can’t direct them not to move since they are too many. Hahhahaha!

5. My hands are always shaky. I don’t have steady hands so it makes it more difficult to shot sharp photos.

6. Keep attaching and un-attaching my ND filter that time. I use my filter so I can use longer exposure even at daylight but shooting persons makes it more difficult so I need to remove it. I guess I re-attached it 15 times or more.

7. The weather is so cloudy yet so sunny. The sky is too bright but too cloudy, really weird sky that time. So I do keep changing my white balance. So hassle.

8. Lastly, I want to jump off from the top of the falls!!! Wooooooooooooooo!

Here are some pictures I took in Tinuy-an Falls:

Tinuy-an FallsThe Lake

Tinuy-an FallsBoB and Friends

Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an FallsTinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an FallsThe stairs

Tinuy-an FallsTinuy-an Falls (view from the stairs)

Tinuy-an FallsThe 2nd level of Tinuy-an Falls

Tinuy-an FallsTinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an FallsThe 3rd level of Tinuy-an Falls

Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an FallsHDR photo

Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an FallsTinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an FallsTinuy-an Falls, the foamy version

Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an Falls
Tinuy-an FallsTinuy-an FallsIR effect

Tinuy-an Falls

4 comments:

ayos mga pics ahh! .. (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-r0tBOrKgmaI/Td4dSV7kBZI/AAAAAAAABLE/3mwu2RZI7vA/s720/DSC_1778.jpg ) << stunning!

ayos mga pics ahh! .. (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-r0tBOrKgmaI/Td4dSV7kBZI/AAAAAAAABLE/3mwu2RZI7vA/s720/DSC_1778.jpg ) << stunning!

Such a paradise..this are really lovely pictures to promote the place. I didn't realize we have these really fascinating sights in Mindanao.

You have a brilliant skill in photography. that's something i envied about.

thanks daryl.. ^_^ thanks sa pag.visit pirme..

thanks for visiting earlied.. Yes! Mindanao has a lot beautiful places to offer and I'm trying to visit it one by one. :)

thanks! it can easily be learn. Luckily there are a lot of best photographers here in Davao who willingly share their knowledge with us newbies.

Post a Comment