Monday, May 23, 2011

Davao to Surigao: The Enchanted River

Davao to Surigao, this is our second out-of-town trip with my BoB friends. We really want to go here and finally here it is. It took us 5 hours to travel from Davao to Hinatuan. We cruised the roads of Tagum, Mawab, Mongkayo, Montevista, Trento, Bunawan Agusan, San Franciso up to Hinatuan.

Both shots taken at San Franz

Forgot the name of this place, stop over for a coffee break

Sherwin the Explorer

Finally, A signage!

Our first stop is the Enchanted River. When we arrived at the place, the first thing we do is to EAT! Hahahhaha! The entrance fee and rental fees for life vest and tables are really affordable.

Entrance fee: Php 20.00
Parking fee: Php 10.00
Lifevest Rental: Php 15.00/hr


Another good thing for the place is there is no corkage for food and drinks. Excited to enjoy the enchanted river, we rush in it and jumped off to the river.



Enchanted Boys

Enchanted Girls

After minutes of diving, I found myself catching my breath. Maybe because I don’t exercise lately or maybe it’s just hard to floats in a river than swimming in the salt water. I really enjoyed swimming but the Enchanted River intimidates me. The 85 feet deep part of the river scares me most. I tried to conquer my fear but failed to. I borrowed a life vest from my friend and give it a second try but still I failed. hehehehe. It was like a black hole in a river for me. Damn this wild imagination. So I just enjoyed the rest of the time with my friends, taking underwater shots and swimming back and forth from end to end. You really must visit this place but at noon time, I don’t find it a peaceful and relaxing place anymore since people starting to fill the area. So my advice is to come early at the Enchanted River just like what we did. At noon time also, you may witness the feeding time. Make sure you bring a camera to capture this moment. Lastly, bring some insect repellent lotion too, there are lots of Enchanted mosquitos everywhere. :))

Sharing some pictures at the Enchanted River (thanks to Rej for taking some pictures and to Maam Cindy for taking care of my camera while I'm too busy swimming, really appreciate it, lastly I want to my Bob and friends family for this another happy memory):

19 comments:

Wow!.. as expected, crisp, sharp and beautiful pics!

O_O Very very........ na mention naman tanan ni DLL oi! lolz! FANTASTIC na lang! :)

Truly beautiful photos. You have gifted hands that go with your brilliant lens.

thanks DLL.. :) dghan jpon blurred shots, namili lang ko ug tarong2x..hehehe..

salamat ker.. ^^ uban na next time ha?!

thanks sher.. :D hulat lang sa post nako sa tinuy-an..heheheh..

thanks maleahdoriman for the appreciation.. :)

great captures from very nice camera + talented photo shooter.. ^^

nice picking of highlights..murag naa pd ka talent mgmarket james..hehe.. ^^

thanks mike.. :)

whew.. maulaw ta sa mga maayo jud ang..hehehe.. salamat!

thanks karren.. ^_^ sa pictures na lang tamo busugon kay dli jud ko kabalo magsulat..hahhahahah!

unsa imong underwater cam james?

fuji z33wp, mao ni te davaoena oh.. hehehe..:)

Amazing place. Thanks for sharing the images and your experience. I will plan a trip for this with my friends. Thanks!

watta nice spots at Surigao... der are lots of nice places... didto jud me gikan... pwede didto nalang mag stay..hahahahahaha...... all i have to say is nindot sya... try ra gud mo....

pwede mangutana? uhm, muadto man gd mi sa davao this November, then, nahan untA mi nga muara sa Enchanted River and sa Tinuy-an Falls pd, how do we go about untA ug unsaon pag adto? coz mag commute raman mi gd. Thanks! hehe

@anonymous: Sorry for the late reply. I have no idea baya kay nagrent lang mi ug van padulong diri. XD

@all: thanks sa thumbs up and comments! :)

Nice pics! Daghan ba gihapon og pipz moagto masking weekdays? :)

Nice very gandaaka punta nga dyan.
Ask lng kano lahat lahat na gasto nyo?

wow! so nice! will definitely visit this place soon!

Post a Comment