Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nikon Shop Davao | My First DSLR

More people here in Davao are getting into photography as a hobbyist or as a professional and I am one of those people. I love taking pictures ever since. A portrait, HDR or landscape shot is what I like most. Last few weeks, there was this feeling inside me saying that I must pursue my interest in photography. Yes I am happy taking pictures, learning about the dos and don’ts, it was like I am just playing and having fun on it. So I finally decided to pursue this kind of field. It’s was really a tough decision because engaging in this kind of field is really expensive. 6 weeks overtime plus a financial help of Chris Cane, a very good friend of mine, I finally purchased one. =)

I chose Nikon Shop over the online sellers who sell gadgets at a lower price because I am after the after sales service and the fact that Davao has no service center for Nikonians. Just for assurance I might be silly to drop my camera or accidentally mishandled it all I need to do is to bring my unit in Nikon Shop for repair. Even though my warranty expires they will still accept it for repair.

So last Monday, I went to the Nikon Shop in Gaisano Mall of Davao. What model to choose? It all depends on the preference of the user. What type of photography he will engage to? And on how much is his budget. For me, I chose the d90 model with 18-105mm lens. Why d90? Despite the fact that it is a 2 years old model of Nikon I still prefer the d90 because of its motor and it perfectly fits my hand unlike the d3100 which is smaller for me to handle but it’s still a good camera for beginners. The staffs of the Nikon shop are too friendly. They showed me the dos and don’ts before/while and after shooting. If you want to purchase one, call them beforehand to inquire whether the model of your choice is available so you won’t waste your time going there.

The Nikon Shop.
3F Gaisano Mall of Davao.
JP Laurel Ave. Davao City.
2270888.

This is one of my test shot with my d90. Out of 50 pictures, only a few of them is good for me. FYI, I am still in the getting to know my camera stage. hahahaha! I am used to the Canon camera system but decided to shift to the "Dark Side", Nikon. Canon or Nikon?? It doesn't really matter, it's just about the preference of the user. Remember, "It's the Indian, Not the Bow!" =)

5 comments:

nag-aayos ba nikon shop sa davao? la kasi service center ata jan eh? na try niu po ba sir? or natanong if they fix nikon DSLRs?

sad to say, wala pang service center sa davao ang nikon but pwede nila i-send sa manila para doon ipaayos if ever may nasira, yun nga lang kung sa kanila mo binili yung DSLR mo. If somewhere else, di ata pwede.

May contact number or email add k ba s nikon shop located at gmall?! Tnx

May pabenta ba na lens ang nikon shop?

I really like to own a DSLR camera maybe a year from now :-) pero sa ngayon okey na sa akin and canon ko na point and shot. Once I was able to handle a DSLR from a friend of mine. na lilito pa ako sa mga manual settings nya hehehe. Kelangan talaga marunong ka sa mga manual settings ng isang DSLR to get the most out of the camera.

Hey if you have time come visit my site http://realestateindavao.com/

Post a Comment